Friday, September 22, 2006

The one in which I shamelessly rant over Grey's Anatomy.

Perhaps I am personalizing the storyline too much (hmmm, ya think?), but I can’t help but feel little to no pity or compassion for McDreamy, and more than just a little animosity. So he still has feelings for our heroine… boo hoo, suck it up, who gives a good gorram.

Personally, I think he is selfish and exceedingly pompous in his actions. If he had an ounce of true feeling for Grey, he would allow her the opportunity to be happy with Finn. If she finds that Finn does not make her happy, and they split, then dive in with your declarations of love; instead he leaves her with this Damoclean choice, which allows for no clear choice because one can’t see clear of all the hearts involved! At the very, very, very least he should ditch the wife and get his own shit straight before dumping all over Grey. So what’s he doing? Waiting for Grey to choose and in case she chooses Finn he’s keeping wifey strung along as a backup? McDreamy, how about you make yourself absolutely vulnerable, instead of keeping an ace tucked up your sleeve. When you love someone, you want what is best for them, not yourself.

And don’t even get me started on how judgemental he was when he first saw Grey with Finn. Bless her heart for saying that he didn’t get to dictate the manner in which she fixed what he broke, that he didn’t have the right to call her a whore. I want to stand up and holla every single time that clip gets played.

Ugh – he is a big ‘ol pack of toxic wrapped up in a seemingly sweet, sensitive, handsome package.

And yes, I do know it’s just a show and the writers are writing all this for suckers like me who will personalize the story… I’m buying what they are selling hook, line, and sinker, even tho I know they are peddling me crack.

I’ll be tuning in next Thursday for my next hit.

No comments: